1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

Batman Simulator Ride - Transcription

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks & Talk' started by Mattia Chiappa, Oct 17, 2019.

1. I just "finished" this transcription! It's far from perfect having left out many many details in the orchestration. It's quite unlikely but I might go back and fix it later.

For some reason this was so much harder than I though it would be. It should be fine for the most part but I wish I had the score to check a few bits. In a few occasions, when I don't understand the concepts behind the music, I feel like having the score wouldn't make much of a difference at all. Knowing how Mike composes, if I can't figure out what he played on the piano, it's hard to say what motivates the rest of the dots on the page. I may get the notes right without still making any sense of how they were put together.

That said, here it is:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7rpoerez5furwjl/BATMAN SIMULATOR RIDE - TRASCRIPTION.mp3?dl=0

2. Yes I referred to the one on Mike's Youtube

3. Nice job! Do you think you learned something new? Also, how much cocaine did it take it in your case?

4. Thanks for your support Aaron, cocaine would have helped for sure!

I've been asking myself the same question but sadly I don't really have an answer for now. It's really quite frustrating considering the time investment for a project like this. I had similar feelings when I transcribed "The Race" sometime ago. In the end, after letting it cement in my brain for a while, I was able to comprehend some of the more complex ideas and devices but not as much as I hoped. Maybe there is something happening subconsciously and somehow I will eventually be able to repackage these stuff in my own music, but right now it's bit of a blind faith to be honest.

That said, not so much related to composition, the most evident benefit of doing these transcriptions is seeing how much your ear improves each time. There's also a ton to learn about structuring a piece and translating what you hear into sheet music.

Aaron Venture likes this.