1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

NotePerformer 3

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks & Talk' started by Paul T McGraw, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Isn't that the truth!

Yeah I think the bonus is you have to be intentional about your dynamics and articulations, rather than just EXP/MOD=127 and ostinato away on your piano.

Paul T McGraw and Claude Ruelle like this.
  2. I think the balance is almost hitting it's sweet spot with N3. Make sure you have your fader all set to 85 in Sibelius if not already done.

Paul T McGraw likes this.
  3. I finally pulled the trigger on NP3 and couldn't be happier. Linking VSL to Sibelius is a step up from the original, but the phrasing and performance in NP3 leaves VSL in the dust.

4. Remember that you can add your own dictionary entries in Sibelius. If you find that the difference between eg. F and FF be too great you can add your own in between entry that NP3 can understand, such as MFF or whatever you want to call it. Just make that new entry half way between F and FF in terms of midi velocity.