1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

New romantic orchestra Template (2019/20)

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks & Talk' started by Alexander Schiborr, Aug 12, 2019.

1. #21 Alexander Schiborr, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    1. Yes exactly, and I re-programmed and tuned them entirely to my own needs and desires. I have created a custom patch library over the last year for it.
    2. Yes, by using different micings you can shape the sound. Its imo the easiest and most natural way to do it.
    3. Additional eq might and can help. I use eq (surgical and sound shaping ) as well.
    4. Convolution Reverb can be useful to glue section on the masterbus or to use it move instruments which simply are too dry to move them a bit back in the sound.

As I got a lot of that similiar questions I think to make it very specific a kind of masterclass or module could be an idea to dive deeper into that subject. As this is an time consuming undertaking to present it on a professional level it will take some time. I also offer private classes to a couple of people which is practically exactly tailored towards that things.

Martin Hoffmann likes this.
  2. Thanks for the answers, very helpful! I'll be waiting for the masterclass, if you decide to make it!

3. I don't have anything to contribute to this thread other than to say - goddamn, you are the man, Mr. Schiborr...that is the single best template I've ever heard and I seriously had no idea a template could sound that realistic. Definitely given me a loftier goal to shoot for.

Great work, brother, and thanks for sharing some of your secrets...!

Alexander Schiborr likes this.
  4. #24 Alexander Schiborr, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Old topic, but thanks, mate. Ps: Here is the full feature Track.

Paul T McGraw and John Eldridge like this.
  5. for Alex

6. It´s been tough lately. All that glitters is not gold I would say.:cool::D..

7. That doesn't sound good. Well, its a difficult time of year, and I know many of my friends are struggling with some serious difficulties. Hang in there.

Anything we can do to help?

In any case, I appreciate all that you've done here on redbanned, both sharing your thoughts and your very balanced and level-headed responses.

8. @Alexander Schiborr your work just keeps getting better and better and better. Your track sounds sensational. Brilliant, and impactful, the sound leaps out of my speakers! It sounds better than my CD's . . . by far! Most of my CD's sound like a tree mic with outriggers in a hall. Which is OK, but not as dramatic as your mix. Your mix sounds like everything is close mic'ed but instead of the mess that usually creates, instead, it is so perfectly balanced that we get all of the advantages of close mics without the downside. Usually, I would miss the reverb associated with a hall, but not with this. Not at all.

You must have incredibly good ears, and you have developed an expertise with using samples that is better than any I have ever heard. I believe I own every library you listed, but I never have achieved such amazing results.

Since you are asking for advice on what to improve, I listened several times, deliberately listening for anything that could be improved. The one thing I would suggest is more dramatic tempo variations. There should be little tempo changes nearly every bar, and then in a few spots with lots more rubato and using tempo to help shape the phrases.

I am so jealous. :D

John Eldridge likes this.