1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

Working on this title

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by Hur Ozan Cerrahoglu, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Hi,

Not finished yet. Lacking the intro and B section.

Inspired by The Mandalorian, trying put together a march-like tune.

Feedback and advice I am looking for about the sound, sound quality and overall mix of such tune.

Any tips tricks and of course all critique most welcome.

Best,

2. I am a huge fan of The Mandalorian. Thank goodness that the Woke crowd did not destroy this one.

Your music is very effective. The sound is solid and confident sounding. Plus a full spectrum of tone, well balanced to my ear. I listened a few days ago, but decided to wait to reply to give it a fresh listen first thing in the morning. My one piece of advice, watch the reverb. I used to love using lots of reverb, but I have steadily come to enjoy a drier sound. I am thinking of going back and remastering some of my pieces to reduce reverb. Anyway, you are not awash in reverb, not at all. But a slight reduction in reverb to improve the crispness of tone might help. I have noticed the thicker the orchestration, the drier the mix can be.

But I am just one old amateur and you did a super terrific job on this, so just something to think about. Keep writing, you have so much talent.

Alex O'Hagan likes this.
  3. nice! I heard this when you posted the first couple sketches in the chat roll. I haven't listened to it since then, but as soon as I saw this I could hum the entire theme before I even played it lol. that's probably a really good sign. I had to look up the mandalorion theme just to make sure it wasn't that.
    I think Paul is probably right about the reverb, that's one of the first things I noticed about the overall mix was that it might be cooler if it was really dry and punchy. that all boils down to taste tho so to each his own.
    one thing about the production that you could explore is the way that the mandolorian theme incorporates very "analog" sounding electronic elements. it has that really strong "thud" pulse that holds the track together and adds a bit of that 80s nostalgia vibe (seems like this is the trend since stranger things became so successful). it sounds like you went for a more traditional orchestral take on it, but it would probably be useful to explore some of that stuff.
    now this is stuck in my head lol, good job man.

Paul T McGraw likes this.
  4. Hi Guys,

Here is nearly the final version.. Had to explore a lot for the B section.

Matt Varone and Alex O'Hagan like this.