1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

Warming Flame

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by Massimo Santi, Dec 12, 2020.

1. A short piece I was working on, hope you like it

2. Some nice harmonic ideas.

Having listened twice I feel it works best moment by moment, but does not stand up very well in regards to form/structure.

It is so similar rhythmically throughout that it all begins to feel the same. I bet if people were asked; "timbre" becomes the formal landmarks of your piece.
    People will remember it begins with strings, then a trumpet comes in, and the entries of new instruments.

But it begins to feel like a series of chord successions after a while. Sort of aimless. It can go anywhere because we have no expectation for where it should go, nor memory
    from which it all started.

The audio file differs from the score, as often the 8th, 1/4, 8th simply sounds like half notes. The cello dominates and I have no idea why you put the 1st violin below
    the viola and 2nd violin.

Hope you post more of your music

With best wishes

Massimo Santi likes this.
  3. Thank you very much for the detailed review, a lot of good tips!

Doug Gibson likes this.
  4. Cool. Let me know if you have any further questions

Best wishes !