1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Discussion areas for the individual classes are unlocked for all users. Let's see if this makes it any more useful. If not, we'll drop this or organize under a single banner to save space and lean things out.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sweatbox (aka: The Making of the Emperor's New Groove)

Discussion in 'Film & Film Production' started by George Streicher, Sep 20, 2018.

1. For anyone interested, I found this really great unreleased documentary that details the turbulent making of Disney's "The Emperor's New Groove." From concept to completion, it's a really great crash course in filmmaking and a fascinating look into the process of creating a Disney animated film. Also happens to be one of my favorites. Enjoy!

2. Wow, I didn't know Marc Shaiman was replaced as the composer for this film. It would be interesting to hear what he came up with and compare it to Debney's work. I have always thought Shaiman was a really talented guy and his score for The Addams Family is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing.

Also, I am very surprised this video hasn't been taken down on youtube yet! Anyway, glad I got to see it before that happens.

George Streicher likes this.
  3. Thanks for posting this, great movie. It's interesting to see colour usage in an animated film that's well regarded, as opposed to some of the ham-fisted post-editing happening in AAA films.

"Oh, they're in a mysterious blue forest at 3pm. Interesting that the sun itself is blue here."

As an aside, I remember watching this movie as a kid and even then noting that it seemed rather inappropriate.

George Streicher likes this.