1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Discussion areas for the individual classes are unlocked for all users. Let's see if this makes it any more useful. If not, we'll drop this or organize under a single banner to save space and lean things out.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Edge" by Jerry Goldsmith | Transcription Exercise

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by George Streicher, Jul 13, 2019.

1. #1 George Streicher, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    I decided to transcribe a few bars of one of my favorite Goldsmith themes from "The Edge."

I just listened and played it all right into my DAW on piano, then decided to do the mockup.

Here's a link to what I ended up with! The order is:

1) Original

2) My Full Mock Up

3+) Brass, Strings, Perc-Pluck Stems

I'd love to hear you thoughts! (I'm not sure what the winds are doing here - possibly just doubling the Cellos / Bones and Violins?)

Here's a link to the PDF score:

Attached Files:

Paul T McGraw likes this.
  2. This sounds very good to me! Thanks for the score. Is that the real deal or your transcription?

George Streicher likes this.
  3. Thanks! And that’s just my transcription. I’d love to see the score, if anyone out there has a copy of it

4. Sounds great, and very close to the original. What samples are you using?

George Streicher likes this.
  5. Thanks! I used Cinematic Studio Brass, Cinematic Studio Strings and CinePerc and CineWinds.