1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Discussion areas for the individual classes are unlocked for all users. Let's see if this makes it any more useful. If not, we'll drop this or organize under a single banner to save space and lean things out.
    Dismiss Notice

Starred spangled banner (Brass chorale)

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by Francesco Bortolussi, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Hey all!

It's been a particularly unmusical and busy period, so I unfortunately haven't written much music at all in the past 2 months. However, some lucky circumstances allowed me to plan and organize a last minute trip to Los Angeles!
    Since it will be my first time in the US (and outside Europe in general), I thought it would be funny to write some kind of arrangement/reharmonization of the American anthem.

I wrote the whole thing really quickly, and I'm not even that happy about it, but screw it - I'll have time tomorrow to write my masterpiece, this will do for now :D
    I'm really excited by this upcoming adventure, and what better way to mark it in time with some music!

Score: https://www.dropbox.com/s/berdlnj56tz30th/fantasia-star-spangled-banner_FrancescoB.pdf?dl=0

2. Have a great trip !! Avoid "Del Taco" at all costs.

Wishing you all the very best

Francesco Bortolussi likes this.
  3. Thank you so much Doug! I wasn't even aware of the existence of such place, but I will for sure avoid it :D I have a couple of friends that can bring me to some legit Mexican food places, so I'm really excited about that!

Also, if you see any horrible thing happening in my orchestration here, I'm open to criticism! I'm a bit out of shape musically speaking, and I think this arrangement has some problems