1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

Spire in the Distance (90s)

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by Shane Rutherfoord-Jones, May 7, 2022.

1. Michael Lückgen likes this.
  2. Sounds real good to me, sounds are spot on, the idea is cool.

IMO you change too soon the lead instruments around, every phrase a new instrument take the lead and that doesn't help establishing the melody.
    Maybe you could also improve the ambience, the instruments don t seem to be all in the same room if that is something you wanted to achieve

3. Love the piece. There are some really nice progressions in there. Also the vibe was very clear.
    I have nothing to critique, but maybe someone with more skill has some time to listen into it.

4. Thanks both for listening!

I did take the passing of the line between instruments to a bit of an extreme here. I really like that idea in general but good to know you thought it obscured the melody the way I did it here.
    Can you be more specific about which instruments stood out as not being in the same space? That is something I struggle with mixing just right.