1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

Solo Harp - The Pearl Divers

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by Doug Gibson, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Very interesting and haunting piece Doug. Very helpful to first read your program notes and hear it in the "context" of the image of the composer. In this sense, Understanding the image first, really helps to understand the music. Thanks for including it in the score.

What are we hearing? It sounds very much like a live performance to me. Or an amazing programmer and sample set (I don't think so, but if I'm wrong, please do tell!). Also, what notation program did you use? I had to write some harp parts in Sibelius recently and I couldn't get the glissando to work which was really frustrating so I ended up just typing in a bunch of 32 notes. Any idea which harp plugin actually works with Sib 8 Ultimate?

And lastly, one has to wonder how this piece would sound realized by just Sibelius and NP? It would be interesting to compare with the live performance.

Thanks for sharing.