1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

Sketch n°1 "Espiègle" for piano (short piece)

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by Antoine Fribond, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Thanks for your feedback ;)

2. I love the development in this piece! Also, damn it, that's going to be stuck in my head for a while! I think I'll transcribe it. Thanks for sharing.

Antoine Fribond likes this.
  3. Thanks, don't hesitate to share your transcription if you decide to do it ;)

4. Super nice! I felt like 2-3 notes were off, but apart from that, great piece! One question: Have you actually played it one piano? It looks playable (but haven't tried it.) Would be good to hear an actual real version of it, nost just MIDI playback. Otherwise .. you'll never know how good it really is.

5. Thanks Marian ! Yes this is definitely playable : I wanted to post a played version, but it wasn't clean enough yet. Also, I only have a cheap midi keyboard, so proper dynamics control is quite difficult.

Could you please tell me which notes you felt were off ? I've heard it too much to identify them =D

6. Well, part of of why I recommended playing on a real piano is you will see how the notes really go with each other. Doesn't really show up in a midi render. Wouldn't be the 1st time it sounded nice in the demo, but not on real instruments. It sounds fine though, and if the theory checks out, I guess you're gonna be okay - didn't really have such a close look at it, I think you know what you're doing ;)