1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

Ride with the Birds

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by Michael Lückgen, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Hey Guys,

I have made a new piece and tried to orchestrate it based on reference scores I have.

I really like how it turned out, but if you have any tips to make it better, let me know!
    Any feedback is appreciated.

Nico Bellisario and David Healey like this.
  2. #3 Michael Lückgen, Jun 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    Thank you Duncan, much appreciate it!
    Your feedback means a lot to me.

I totally see your points. I was thinking similarly about both points when composing but decided to just go with it for now. But I will work more on these points in the next piece.

As for the scores I used as reference:
    Mainly the Race, but also Benny Oschmann's short flight in a balloon and a bit of robin Hoffmann's Hero (last song which is called hero).

Thanks!

Duncan Formosa likes this.
  3. I agree with Duncan, the second part of the theme could be more linked to the first rhythmically, the change feels a bit ubrupt. But you definitely have a good idea there.

Michael Lückgen likes this.