1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

Resources For This Class

Discussion in 'Film School 101' started by Chris Schütze, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Hey guys,
    I am halfway though this class and I am tremendously enjoying it.

After like 52 minutes Mike is recommending some Youtube videos and 2 books on writing screen plays: "How to write a screenplay in 21 days" and "How to write effective screenplays". I can't find neither of those books and he isn't mentioning the authors.
    There is a book called "How to write a movie in 21 days" by Viki King. So that might be it. But I am totally not sure about it.
    Also there is "How to write good Screenplays and get them into production" by Linda M. James. But that's quite a different name from the second book he mentions.

Do you guys have any idea, if this might be the suggested books? Other books I stubled upon are "Story" by Robert McKee and "Screenplay: The Foundations of Screenwriting" by Syd Field, which for sure aren't the mentioned books but seem to get recommended a lot elsewhere.

Some of the recommended videos I found are these:

And in general Mike recommends to watch some interviews from people like these:
    Roger Deakens, Vittorio Storaro, Gordon Willis, Thelma Schoonmaker.

Thanks,
    Chris