1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

Prelude to a Prelude

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by Doug Gibson, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Just an update: Some may recall at the end of last year I wrote a piece that was in the style of Chopin.
    The idea being this "prelude" could go before his prelude in B min.

I've been trying to work on my piano playing. Still, a long way for me to go as a piano player, but I was able to record myself playing it. Nice to hit a goal. Gives me the inspiration to keep on practicing as I know I have a long way to go with my piano playing skills.

Here is the piece, and then the piece it is meant to go before.

Be well everyone

2. Hint of Beathoven in there too. Nice work. I wish more people would try and play their piano compositions live...

3. Sounds really good. I think it's great that as a composer you are also able to perform your own piece. I wish we had more composers who also were performing at the same time as they did in the days of the old greats such as Beethoven.

4. Thank you. Sounds really nice and kudos to you for performing yourself. Sometimes I had a little difficulty to follow the structure. It felt to me like you would sometimes interrupt yourself with a new statement when I was still to follow the previous idea. But that's probably me.