1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Yer Guns!

Discussion in 'GUNS, GUNS, GUNS!' started by TD Gary, Nov 4, 2020.

1. #1 TD Gary, Nov 4, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    As the title says. Post'em! DRAW!
    Or really do draw them, free-hand, with a mouse in MS Paint. That'd be cool.

Remember: edit out any serial numbers in your pics!
    It's the wild, wide open internet out here and you never know who's lurking.

I already posted my favorite over yonder so I'll not re-post because duplicate content is a sin. To help out, I made this super-detailed and accurate sketch of what's over there:
    ms paint edition.png

When I get a chance I'll grab some pics of my others to put in the thread.

2. #2 Mike Verta, Nov 9, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    I should do a Sexy Time Photoshoot for them, but I haven't finished building their display/storage cabinet yet. Current roster:

HK VP9
    HK P30L v3 w/Compensator
    Beretta 92FS
    Sig 226 MK 25
    Sig P320-M17
    Sig P320-M18
    Sig MPX TTI John Wick 3
    Browning Hi-Power
    Glock G19
    CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
    Glock G17
    STI 2011 Combat Master John Wick 3

Also:
    Kimber Micro 9 Bel-Air
    Walther P22Q
    Springfield Armory 911
    Smith & Wesson M&P 380 Shield EZ
    Taurus 942m

TD Gary likes this.
  3. When my son was about 10, he modeled a "Desert Eagle" and posted it on a graphic site for sale and it went viral. He made quite a lot of money.
    He later got a real BB gun and it suddenly disappeared. Seems my wife took it away (but still denies it) and neither of us have been able to find it since.
    He also mined 54-bit coins that all got stolen, poor guy! He kept needing more graphic cards for his computers. And of course he was also doing lots of graphics, so we had no idea what he was REALLY doing!

Damn, I just went to check and its still selling! It was quite popular as it was a "low poly" count so great for games.
    https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/desert-eagle-3d-model/191702
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Low-poly for the win!

5. Holy mackerel! I'm sure it's just a start for you, but man what an armory!

How are you getting along with the HK P30L? I've been eyeing one lately...

6. Well your 10-year old son sure put my belabored sketch to shame.
    That's quite a well-done model for early 00's, nicely baked in specular and shadows, and a level of detail that looks a bit "Max Payne" from here. Really cool!

7. It is unquestionably a smoother big brother to the VP9. After a really intense year-and-a-half of training so far, I can safely say I prefer hammer to striker fire. I just finished my 2000th round through it, and I really dig it; not like I dig my M17, but then again, I haven't ordered my Wilson CQB custom yet, so every one of these may move down a peg in time.

I put the John Wick compensator on my P30L and it definitely helps with performance, which you can tell people, to deflect from the obvious truth that you're trying to look cool like John Wick when you shoot it.

TD Gary likes this.
  8. Jesus! They'd be worth over 800k USD now.

Will we ever get to see you filming your own John Wick style shootout? :D

9. Shootout? Prolly not, but I do have a series of gun videos planned. As for the John Wick movies, I've literally seen them at least a dozen times each, and I think they're boring, noisy, monotonous crap that could be a billion times better if the directors knew anything about filmmaking. Might do a video on that, too. Anyway, off to watch John Wick 2 again, which is the best of them.

10. Added Sig MPX TTI John Wick 3 and STI 2011 Combat Master John Wick 3