1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

Piano composition

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by Danny Stephan, Feb 14, 2020.

1. I used Pianoteq C. Bechstein Digital Grand for this composition. Critiques and feedbacks are very welcome. Thanks!

2. Very nice, Danny! Which variety of the Bechstein did you use? (I use the Pianoteq Steinway and Bluthner piano modules)
    May I suggest something? Your piece could use more contrast--in key, or dynamics, or tempo, or rhythm, or some combination of these. Think of some story in your mind, and let your piece tell the story in music.
    Just my 2 cents.

3. Thank you for your feedback David! I tried to apply Mike's advice to compose fast in this piece. When I hear this piece for many times, I didn't realize what is missing. It's like a tunnel vision. With valuable feedback from trained ears like yours I know what area that can be improved to make not monotonous.
    This piece is only use the Cinematic variety of Bechstein. I reduced the volume output a bit from its original setting.