1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Discussion areas for the individual classes are unlocked for all users. Let's see if this makes it any more useful. If not, we'll drop this or organize under a single banner to save space and lean things out.
    Dismiss Notice

Orchestrating for Woodwinds - Video

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks & Talk' started by Matthias Calis, Apr 9, 2019.

1. The stars aligned today. Just when I was in need of some orchestration help, I found this:

Thomas Goss is a great resource in any case, but I found this video particularly helpful because of there being actual players and live examples. Hope this is of some use to people!

2. This is fantastic and exactly what we need more of. I imagine Mike's woodwind lecture will be somewhat similar.

I would love Goss in the future to show us what happens with Winds when doubled outside the wind-group like with strings or brass and how different arrangements work and don't work. Perhaps, one day he'll do just this... "A boy can dream..." :D

Rohann van Rensburg likes this.
  3. Thanks for posting! This looks really interesting.

4. Yes thanks so much for posting this! Shall watch it in a bit!