1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

New Piano Sketch

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by Michael Lückgen, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Hey Guys,

I made a new thing. This time a real piano sketch ;)

Originally I wanted to work on a bigger piece, which is supposed to be more energetic and much longer. But as soon as I sat down at the piano I felt like playing something more from the heart.

I quite like the melody, but I am unsure about the B part. I tend to do such build ups a lot and it feels a bit uninspired to me by now.

But anyways, what do you think?
    Would be glad about any feedback so I can improve :)

2. #2 Michael Lückgen, Jul 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    I added a bit more motion and made the B part less tensful

3. Something this simple should be easy to lock onto from the start. I'm lost by 15 seconds from the beginning; I can't find the beat. Try laying your A section down to a metronome.

Michael Lückgen likes this.
  4. Thanks for your feedback Mike!

I guess this may be because I shifted everything by a half beat at the 15 seconds mark. Without doing it it felt like the pause was too long. Didn't knew that it screws everything up :D
    Will correct that, thanks!