1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike had a mini-stroke @ 2:20:21

Discussion in 'The Mod Squad' started by Gharun Lacy, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Just sayin.......:D.

2. Ha ha. Gharun (and MIke), that was really funny! o_O
    However, I think you've triggered a rumor that Mike has suffered a serious medical issue on other forums. As others can read the thread title but maybe aren't clued into the contents.
    Despite this funny faux pas, I think the rumor has been highly exaggerated. Mike should be OK and ready for the next class.

3. #3 Jason Tackaberry, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Little-known composer Mike Verta (aka J Michael Verta), was found dead in his Hollywood home last Wednesday, reports say. His lifeless corpse was discovered strewn across the floor by his partner, Laura Beth Love, after Verta had been secretly called in at the eleventh hour to replace John Williams in the latest episode of the new Star Wars saga.

"Johnny just wasn't cutting it anymore," director and screenwriter Rian Johnson told Reuters. "We needed something new, something fresh, to reinvigorate the frankly substandard soundtrack that Williams had composed for us. So, obviously we thought of Mike Verta: who else can out-compose John Williams?"

Love confirmed that Verta had been awake for 174 straight hours working on the new score. "After about 60 hours he started yelling into an empty room and swatting at flies that weren't there," Love said. "After 96 hours his bladder ruptured but he refused to stop." Love reported to have called Verta's ex-wife Danica McKellar, who played Winnie Cooper in the 1990s television series The Wonder Years. "I think by the time I got to him it was too late," McKellar wrote to Reuters in a written statement. "He stopped responding to verbal communication and only notes from the whole tone scale would register any sense of recognition in his eyes."

Verta completed a spectacular tour de force for the latest Star Wars movie, due for release in December. The score, which needed only minor amendments by orchestrator Conrad Pope, is currently being performed at the Sony Pictures Scoring Stage and sessions are expected to conclude next week. When asked to comment on Verta's death, composer John Williams recalled, "Yes, I do remember he did send me a piece he did -- The Game, or The Marathon, or something along those lines. Frankly it was quite derivative and unimaginative, but I didn't have the heart to tell him." On Verta's score for The Last Jedi, Williams had a different impression: "It seemed passable, actually. And with all this extra free time, my backswing has never looked so good."

4. Not my intention at all.:eek: The interwebs has a mind of it's own.

Sorry @Mike Verta !

5. You damned dirty ape. A shame not everyone will read this. Or maybe it's better that way, out of context someone could take it seriously and think Mike could have actually written something passable.