1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

Memories of Halloween

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by George Streicher, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Hey George,

I listened to your album and it is fantastic, a really nice 25 Minutes well spent. Of course my favorite cues are the full orchestral once like The Witching Hour, Memories Of Halloween and Scherzo for a Harvest Moon. Everything is really well crafted, I can hear you must have put a lot of work and passion into it. I actually really like the sound of the orchestra, very dynamic and the room sounds fantastic. I hope composers are going to record there in general, love the sound.

Congrats on the great work, keep posting stuff, always nice to see some scores and videos.

Cheers,
    Tino

George Streicher likes this.

2. Thank you so much for checking it out! I have a couple more videos of pieces from the album I'm putting together and I'll be sure to post them this month.

And I agree, Budapest Scoring is great and a pretty quality / relatively affordable option. I learned so much doing this album and in the sessions. Hope I get rich and can afford to do something like this again, soon.

Tino Danielzik likes this.
  3. Ha, I can imagine this wasn't a cheap project. I know the session price of the Budapest Scoring Orchestra but having the film crew around for each cue adds another layer of costs to it. But again, I think it was worth it. Did they record the pieces in one session and how many takes did they need?

George Streicher likes this.
  4. I did it all session by session. Some were only 30-min slots, so I could get one piece done, and others were longer sessions where I would do multiple pieces. I learned so much in the process, and now I know you really, really, really want as much time as possible with the orchestra to workshop a piece. So I don't think I would do any session in under an hour next time. And I also learned to really do my homework before the session, checking the score and marking it for takes I'll want to get, spotting possible problem areas and building in contingencies (taceting parts etc) so I can make it work in the edit.