1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy 50th Birthday, Mike!

Discussion in 'The RedBanned Bar & Grill' started by Jure Jerebic, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Wishing our music mentor and friend a very happy 50th birthday! Here's to 50 more years, filled with fantastic and inspiring music, plenty of health, joy, memorable moments with the family and may the Force continue to be with you :)

2. Happy Birthday, Mike :)

3. Happy birthday Mike! Hope you have a great day! :D

4. Happy Birthday!!!

5. Happy birthday, Mike!

6. Happy Birthday, Mike!!!

7. Thanks guys! Just gettin' started!

8. Happy 50th Mike!

Sincere thanks for your dedication to this monumental craft and what you've taught us, not just about music but everything else that's tied to it.

9. All the best wishes! Here's to fifty more years!

Let us know if you got a black turtleneck for your birthday because if you didn't, we should send one over immediately!

Rohann van Rensburg likes this.
  10. Mike, only thank you for all, and my best wishes for everything you need that you haven't accomplished yet! :)

11. Dear Mike,

I will use this post to thank you for all your priceless masterclasses which have been unspeakably valuable to me. I've meant to say this for a long time. I've been enjoying the way you think and feel about things, because it is so similar to myself—both your interest, and your struggles. I enjoyed your logical and practical thinking, your straightforwardness, and how deeply you care about things that are important to you. Sadly, recently I've found we're disagreeing on a lot of things, and I'm not sure how to feel about that. Anyways, I feel you deserved to hear this. I would have more to say, but it's beyond this post.

This will be my all-time favorite quote of yours:

"We are what we do; not what we think; not what we believe; not what we post on social media. Discipline isn't something we have or don't have; we have it when we do it. A conspicuous amount of time, it proves better to let the action dictate the feeling, rather than vice-versa. Start acting like a disciplined person would. Pretend. Fake it to make it. Just do it. This is the way."—Mike Verta, May 22, 2020

Sincerely, Marian

12. I can think of nothing more boring than a world where everyone agreed with me on everything; even most things. I can no more guarantee you'll like my opinion than you'll like my music, but in both cases I can promise you this: All of it is carefully considered; scrutinized; tested; revised - and with an aim to put something good into the world. My advice would be to use Mike Verta on your own terms. Take what he has that you like, and leave the rest.

13. I totally disagree with that !

Just kidding... Happy birthday sensei. :)