1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

Full Film Scores

Discussion in 'Score Study Resources' started by Aaron Venture, Sep 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. #61 Aaron Venture, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    All around the internet you can find dozens of scans of handwritten scores as well as engraved scores of some modern scores.

Head to Swappano and try your luck trading with people. I've had pretty good success there.

If you search Empire of The Sun in the search bar, and then try further filtering the results (because the search doesn't search for the exact phrase) by again typing Empire of The Sun, you'll find around a dozen people listing the original full handwritten score. Create an account and send them a message. It's usually fair to offer a trade in turn.

Same goes here, check Swappano.

I would, however, suggest transcribing LOTR. It's really much, much simpler than your think.

2. Thanks Aaron ... I'll give it a whirl.

Aaron Venture likes this.
  3. I'll have a look. The problem is I can't seem to find even an official book of the more complete score. The reduced concert version misses out on so much, and it's hard to find audio. The golden ticket is getting a score that matches audio.

Oh and this is purely for transcription purposes! Just wanting to check my work.

4. I don't seem to be able to access this. Was the page taken down?

5. Apparently some clown started posting copywritten scores you can actually order/pay for, and it was shut down. Technically became piracy.

6. Oh nooo, what a shame!!! I only got the chance to download a couple of those, I should have known better.