1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Discussion areas for the individual classes are unlocked for all users. Let's see if this makes it any more useful. If not, we'll drop this or organize under a single banner to save space and lean things out.
    Dismiss Notice

Free stuff from iZotope - Stereo Imager

Discussion in 'Software' started by Scott Steinmetz, Sep 22, 2017.

1. https://www.sweetwater.com/feature/ozone-imager/

Pretty cool stuff. Working on something, and this is part of it, so I chucked it on there to see what would happen. Fist clip with it off, 2nd clip on.

Nope:

Yup:

Man, I’ll say this with zero hesitation. I have a ton of stuff from iZotope, free and paid, and no matter how simple or complex it is, it always does EXACTLY what they say it will. I wish I could give this company an award or something, I use all of the stuff I have from them all the time and it’s just been a great bunch of additions to my plugin collection.

Rohann van Rensburg likes this.
  2. Absolutely.
    I just installed the Imager today and used it on a piano/vocal thing I was mixing.
    I used it on the Master bus rather than individual tracks.
    It did a great job of widening the piano without smearing the vox.

I also have the Quad Imager from IKMultimedia which is a great piece.
    Gives you a little more flexibility as you are able to widen or collapse by 4 frequency ranges, which can be useful sometimes.

3. Whoa, huge difference. Thanks for the tip!