1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Discussion areas for the individual classes are unlocked for all users. Let's see if this makes it any more useful. If not, we'll drop this or organize under a single banner to save space and lean things out.
    Dismiss Notice

Composition to a Speech

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by Michael Lückgen, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Hey all!

I'm new here and am curious about feedback for a piece I made.

I stumbled upon Mikes YouTube Channel a few weeks ago and am since watching every Unleashed video. I am really amazed by the input I got from it and was eager to try it out.

So I tried to establish and develop a theme. I did compose music for a speech (Steve Jobs at Stanford University), because I am interested in scoring and I wanted to tell a story with my music, similar to the speaker of the speech.

And I would love to hear your guys feedback!
    Is this how to develop a melodic theme, or did I not get it?
    (Note: I have not yet watched any Masterclass, but will definitely check them out!)

Thanks in advance!
    And thank you to Mike for making this awesome community and offering all this useful tips!