1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

Composition contest entry

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by Francesco Bortolussi, Dec 7, 2021.

1. After not writing music for quite a while (due to moving overseas and having a lot of obligations), a couple of months ago I wrote this little 6 minutes piece for a composition competition that was organized by a local orchestra in Texas just outside of Houston (namely the Brazosport Symphony Orchestra).

I unfortunately didn't win anything, but I think the piece came out okay so here you go. While I mainly fell back on what I knew worked orchestration-wise, the main challenge was to compose a coherent piece that was also fairly long.

It was written for your standard symphonic orchestra. The mockup was exported with Noteperformer.

Score:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/um4el628b0qb4o1/BSO composition contest august 2021 - Full Score.pdf?dl=0