1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Discussion areas for the individual classes are unlocked for all users. Let's see if this makes it any more useful. If not, we'll drop this or organize under a single banner to save space and lean things out.
    Dismiss Notice

Brilliant Youtube tutorial

Discussion in 'The RedBanned Bar & Grill' started by Doug Gibson, Nov 7, 2019.

1. So most of you know I highly discourage Youtube as a source for learning. I am talking about tutorials not
    listening to repertoire (although that is also inferior).

I would not suggest "learning" from this, but this guy clearly puts in a ton of time/effort on his videos and
    has "it" for creating entertaining, yet informative videos. I am sure many here already follow Alex Ball.

He is a pro. Nicely done.

Only two things I did not like about the video.
    1. Pick and Bass: Don't do this people
    2. Project Sam Brass: Man that sounded like ass. Not good ass either.

I have mentioned on Redbanned that I have chronic depression and it's been 6 months since I have been able to work on any composing of my own. Maybe getting back to "hedonism" would help me break the rut. (or at least bust a nut)

The only time I have had the chance to properly record music like this was for a gig years back.

I think I could actually pull it off if I can get my head together. My publisher for sure would be thankful--- I can't believe that I have not been fired yet.