1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

Apocalyptic Methadone

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by Alexander Schiborr, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Hey Guys,

I am still alive and doing music... I am a bit silent unfortunately, but still I follow topics here and I hope that everybody is still safe and doing well. Strange times..the world seems to fall apart somehow..or its maybe my impression..not sure.

Recently I started digging more sound design elements mixed with metal and industrial. I am really new to this field of music and by far no expert at all. But man it is fun trying out new things and explore really other styles of music and creating a mofongo burger. I am a big fan of old sonic mayhem stuff (they created back in the days the soundtrack for Quake 2) but also I find Mick Gordon's work for the newer Doom titles really super cool and inspiring. So, in the end I started to research more, and I am still doing...

Also, with help of Martin we trying to understand more of Synth Synthesis and how you can mangle sounds through chains of pedals, amps, bit crushers, and many other strange effects that distort or modulate sounds or mix them... (still a lot of question marks though. But man, its fun exploring new things.

Here is my first try diving deeper into these sorts of "sounds". I mean..it's really different..in terms of approach I have to say..everything can, nothing must..you know…just like..okay, let´s do something..and see where we end up.

Alex

Doug Gibson likes this.
  2. Good stuff, brother. Also a big fan of the Quake 2 soundtrack, DOOM 2016, etc. Your sound sits well up there with those.

Alexander Schiborr likes this.
  3. Good to see you around. Yeah, the world is rather twisted like an Inception pretzel right now. Pretty cool sounds though. Are you still working on orchestral sounds also? I find exploring is fun too and I keep an arsenal of new sounds around, but find they also tend to be a time sink without a proper outlet for them. Have you played around with Damage 2? (really nicely recorded sounds useful for many genres).

4. Hey @Alexander Schiborr

Good to see you around here. Hope all is going well for you!

Ahh, writing songs about Methadone. Now I can see why you enjoyed visiting Florida.

Bugs.gif

5. Track 2 "The Dominator"...

I would need to reflect that thing..and sleep a few days.