1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

Any tips for Sample Modeling strings?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks & Talk' started by Duncan Formosa, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Lately I've been switching all my libraries to ones that allow me to play better and avoid using keyswitches. I've been trying to use sample modeling strings which play really really well....but I can't seem to get them to sound all that good. Can't get them to sound nearly as good as the demos.

I'm using a breath controller with them to get the expression and what not but I just think they sound muddy. Tried fiddling with the settings and the EQ but not had much luck. The cello ensembles in particular bug the hell out of me.

Does anyone have any tips on getting them to sound good? Really looking forward to seeing how Aaron Ventures string library will compare to this when it comes out. Been fair impressed with the brass and wind libraries.