1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Discussion areas for the individual classes are unlocked for all users. Let's see if this makes it any more useful. If not, we'll drop this or organize under a single banner to save space and lean things out.
    Dismiss Notice

Althyria updated

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by William Kersten, Oct 11, 2019.

1. #1 William Kersten, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  2. William,

It took exactly 3 seconds for me to know exactly where I was - this is so evocative of the horror B movies I grew up watching. You absolutely nailed the vibe. I bet your tongue was firmly in your cheek when you were writing this. Whilst I was listening to it, all those cheese-fest movies were flashing through my memory. Really evocative....

Loved it.

3. #3 William Kersten, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019

4. @William Kersten I can't remember hearing this piece before, but my memory is not very good anymore. It is beautifully compelling. The use of the woodwinds is truly inspired, especially in the dialogue between high strings, harp, and woodwinds. Hard to believe that low flute with vibrato is a virtual instrument, but I know it is.

5. Paul, nice to hear from you! Thanks very much. I think I mixed up the files for two updates on this forum. Anyway I appreciate your listening!