1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

Adventure brass load times

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Duncan Formosa, Oct 11, 2020.

1. When loading adventure brass for the first time when I boot my computer it takes forever before the VST loads into kontakt.

It freezes for a bit then comes back and that's for every patch I need to load up.

Does anyone else have this issue? Trying to see if there's a way to fix it cause it's very odd and annoying.

2. Did you do a Batch Resave? You gotta do this with a lot of Kontakt libraries. My computer just crashed so I don't have it up now, but its in the Kontakt menu, just select Batch Resave and then go get a cup of coffee, as it takes a few minutes. For really large libraries it can take twenty to thirty minutes, but after that, they load super fast and then actual samples load in the background. Give it a try.

Duncan Formosa likes this.
  3. I have not experienced this issues so far.

1. Check a batch resave option as suggested
    2. Run the library from an SSD connected through Sata.

Simon Pajak and Duncan Formosa like this.
  4. Thanks both of you! Had no idea about the batch resave, that seems to have done the trick!

Gregory D. Moore likes this.
  5. I think I read on VI:C that batch resave doesn't bring a permanent boost on load times. It's only for that one session till you close your project or something like that. So maybe try again and let us know if it's slow again.

6. Yeah, after I restarted the machine and went back to it I got the same issue. My samples are all on an SSD too which I thought would have helped. Not sure what could be causing it.

7. Try excluding the library folders from your antivirus software. Maybe that's the cause?

8. That's weird. What if you try the batch resave from the stand alone instance of Kontakt, outside the DAW? That's how I do the batch resave and never had this issue.

9. That's exactly what I done, works fine until I reboot the machine and then I have to either do batch resave again or load the instrument and let it hang for a while.

I should maybe also mention that it doesn't hang every single time I try to load it, just whenever I'm loading it first time from startup. It's very odd, none of the other libraries are doing that.