1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Discussion areas for the individual classes are unlocked for all users. Let's see if this makes it any more useful. If not, we'll drop this or organize under a single banner to save space and lean things out.
    Dismiss Notice

AABA structure

Discussion in 'Kickstarters' started by Pat Maddox, Dec 25, 2018.

1. #1 Pat Maddox, Dec 25, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    At 27:20 you mention AABA form: "One time through the melody, a slightly bigger time through the melody, a B section, and then the biggest time through the melody."

When I think of AABA form, I think of American popular song form – is that what you're referring to?

Did you do this full structure for the Americana melody? I don't think so... I think you laid down a few options for A sections (clarinet statement, trumpet statement, octave violin statement, and I think a fourth statement). Then you would write a separate B section, and maybe go through the same process to develop different statements of it. Then lay them out in an AABA form (or extended e.g. AABABA). Is that correct?