1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Discussion areas for the individual classes are unlocked for all users. Let's see if this makes it any more useful. If not, we'll drop this or organize under a single banner to save space and lean things out.
    Dismiss Notice

A choir piece

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by Jure Jerebic, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Hi guys,

I wrote this track for a sample library review, choir and piano. Looking forward to the feedback!

Best,
    -J

2. Nice piece

Honest feedback:

I don't understand why the piano is there.

Considering
    I think it would be much more effective to show just the choir. ( I am assuming you are reviewing the choir library)
    Often the piano is doing the same thing as the choral parts. The parts in which it is independent can be rescored for choir.

I like the music. Just the combination makes each worse in my honest opinion.

Martin Hoffmann likes this.
  3. Thanks Doug! Good point actually; the piano was a sketch; there's also a choir only version:

4. Do you like the library? How does it compare to i.e. EW Choirs? Choirs are always a headache to get sounding remotely realistic.

Sounds lovely, by the way.

5. Thanks. The only other library I've ever tested and used is Oceania, but these two are drastically different. I made a review of it on YouTube in more detail; some things are really good about it, but others aren't (Spitfire's interface, crackling in some samples, high noise floor, etc.). Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link to the review of it here.