1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

1950s Orchestration - Part 4

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks & Talk' started by Alex Ball, Sep 10, 2018.

1. #1 Alex Ball, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Hi. I've made a fourth episode in my series analysing 1950s "Light Music". This episode focuses entirely on woodwinds and demonstrates a dozen examples.

Hope it's of use!

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]EDIT - I've had to re-uploaded as the final 25 seconds of music got the video blocked in North America. A new link now active. Please give it a thumbs up if you enjoyed it as I've lost all the likes and views etc.

[/COLOR]

2. Thanks Alex for making this guides, they're lots of fun and very interesting. Looking forward to the next one!

3. Great video! You share a lot a great examples, makes it very easy to follow. I subscribed to your channel as well

4. Hey Alex your videos are great! There’s a book you might like from Berklee Press called “Chord Scale Voicings for Arranging.” It has a lot of good info on “hanging” chords like you’re doing in these videos. Really advanced stuff like altered scales, dominant theory, etc. for working out some really interesting voice leading. I took that class at school and it kicked my ass!