1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Discussion areas for the individual classes are unlocked for all users. Let's see if this makes it any more useful. If not, we'll drop this or organize under a single banner to save space and lean things out.
    Dismiss Notice

1950s Orchestration - Part 4

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks & Talk' started by Alex Ball, Sep 10, 2018.

1. #1 Alex Ball, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Hi. I've made a fourth episode in my series analysing 1950s "Light Music". This episode focuses entirely on woodwinds and demonstrates a dozen examples.

Hope it's of use!

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]EDIT - I've had to re-uploaded as the final 25 seconds of music got the video blocked in North America. A new link now active. Please give it a thumbs up if you enjoyed it as I've lost all the likes and views etc.

[/COLOR]

2. Thanks Alex for making this guides, they're lots of fun and very interesting. Looking forward to the next one!

3. Great video! You share a lot a great examples, makes it very easy to follow. I subscribed to your channel as well

4. Hey Alex your videos are great! There’s a book you might like from Berklee Press called “Chord Scale Voicings for Arranging.” It has a lot of good info on “hanging” chords like you’re doing in these videos. Really advanced stuff like altered scales, dominant theory, etc. for working out some really interesting voice leading. I took that class at school and it kicked my ass!