1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

TouchOSC Templates

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks & Talk' started by Aaron Venture, Jul 15, 2017.

1. #1 Aaron Venture, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    I thought I'd share my Sample Modeling Brass TouchOSC template, but I guess this can be a thread where others can share their templates if they feel like it.

TouchOSC has made my life a lot easier when dealing with Sample Modeling Brass and some other libraries, as everything is at hand and easily adjustable. Even if you don't own a tablet, a 5" or bigger phone should suffice, I'm using a 7" Nexus tablet.

The Mute buttons send certain values of CC100, "None" will set it to 0, and "Unison" to 127 to trigger the Unison mute (except for Tuba, where it'll trigger the Straight mute). Release only goes down to 24, which is a default factory setting for all instruments.

Vib Rate is X, Intensity is Y.

The best way to input CC11 is still by far with a breath controller. For everything else, this has served me incredibly well.

If you're already using TouchOSC, feel free to open this template in the TouchOSC Editor, and simply select what you want, copy and paste into your template/new page.

Attached Files:

2. Thanks for sharing this. I was just sitting down to create my own, and I thought, "I wonder if anyone else has made one?" :)