1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

Topic Requests

Discussion in 'Info, Requests, etc.' started by Mike Verta, Jul 2, 2017.

1. I would love a class covering Danny Elfman. He was the first movie composer who got me interested in orchestral composition. I love his style.
    A Hans Zimmer class just because it would be entertaining to have you rant a bit more than usual. Also because his own masterclass was a bit of a rip-off since he did not talk about his own inspiration/idols. I would love to have his music dissected in the same way you did with John Williams.

Eduardo Lopez likes this.
  2. Would love Elfman too. Not sure what the point of Zimmer would be though, honestly, considering the mandate of this forum and most of its members is to get back to and improve composition basics. It's the antithesis of modern film scoring.

George Streicher likes this.
  3. A masterclass on pop/rock music would be cool. especially a decade like the 80's or something that had a lot of chords, synths, and hooks.

4. Yessss!! Danny Elfman Masterclass! Please.... Batman, Edward, Nightmare, Men in Black, Sleepy Hollow, Spider Man!

5. A Bruce Broughton would be nice too! Would love if you included the Heart of Darkness Score, damm that´s a good one!

Not sure if many folks around here might be interested! :)

Rasmus Hartvig likes this.
  6. I saw it mentioned before, but it would be very cool to have a class focused on big band writing! It would be a very nice continuation of the All that Jazz class and you had first-hand experience on it!

Big band writing is something I don't fully understand, especially because I never really write for sax, so it would be great to watch a masterclass about it. Maybe with guidance on what to transcribe, listening to specific pieces and describing the orchestration choices, etc.

------------------------------------

On another note, do you think there will be another Unleashed class coming? :D

David Healey likes this.
  7. Not sure if this has been mentioned but I'd like a class focusing on writing for small ensembles, like quartets, woodwind choirs, etc. +1 for big band too

Mattia Chiappa likes this.