1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

The William Arnold Collection: Shān Bawu

Discussion in 'Software' started by Embertone, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Hello there, Redbanned friends.

This morning we'd like to introduce a product very dear to us, Shān Bawu, the first in a series of wind instruments recorded by world flutist William Arnold. The Bawu is a Chinese wind instrument with a pure, clarinet-like timbre, and players often incorporate the use of ornamentation, bending tones in particular.

This is our first instrument featuring MICROPHRASES. On top of the slur, slide and ornamental legato transitions, William recorded true legato transitions that feature elaborate musical content. With these sample performances integrated into the instrument, you can sprinkle them in throughout your music, giving the performance more color and realism (it's also super fun)!

For those of you who may not be familiar with William Arnold's work, he is a world flutist, vocalist and session musician with incredible technique and musicality. We're approaching this series with HIS interpretive ideas... so that we come out with products that feel alive and expressive.

For more on Shān Bawu and this upcoming series, checkout our website HERE.

And to learn more about William Arnold himself, check him out HERE.