1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

The Steeple of Spindrift | Orchestral track

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by Kaan Akalin, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Hi!

Just joined redbanned and see some familiar faces (hi!) from vi-c. :)

Very open to some no-holds-barred feedback on this piece. Any aspect you can think of. Eager to get better from your combined wisdom. Thanks so much!

2. Hey! I really really like the overall vibe of the piece but the complex harmony makes it very difficult to lock in with the melody and the form. Also I don't know the context and maybe it's the whole point but this is challenging your audience almost all the time. I think you could benefit to contrast with some clearer consonance.

Kaan Akalin likes this.
  3. #3 Kaan Akalin, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Thanks for your feedback, Mattia! I think it's still tricky for me to gauge what will and what won't challenge the audience. I probably need more practise with recognizable forms. I still have a lot of MV's videos to go through.

For this song, would you suggest thinning out or simplifying the harmony at times? Are there any specific moments or transitions that I should address?

Thanks!