1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Discussion areas for the individual classes are unlocked for all users. Let's see if this makes it any more useful. If not, we'll drop this or organize under a single banner to save space and lean things out.
    Dismiss Notice

Stopping by to say "I miss you guys"

Discussion in 'The RedBanned Bar & Grill' started by Gharun Lacy, May 4, 2018.

1. Haven't been around in a bit because a promotion, politics and diplomacy, "adulting", and greed have all conspired (in mostly good ways) to keep me from writing music and thus contributing to the community. I found a minute to loiter around the site while at the airport and I realized how much I miss writing, listening too, and and talking about music here.

Hope you all are doing well. Keep writing!

2. Hey man! Thanks for the update, I was wondering where'd you go!

Life can get in the way, that's for sure. I hope you too are doing well, and that someday you'll be back!

3. I've been in the same boat. Travelling a lot, long hours and crappy hotel internet. (It amazes me that I can get better internet access in Freetown in West Africa than I can in a 4* hotel in the centre of many major UK towns and cities.)

I've been flicking through this site and I am constantly amazed at some of the knowledge and advice freely on offer here (Aaron on Eq'ing Brass - who knew it would make THAT much difference ?)

I am very much looking forward to the Jerry Goldsmith class later next week, and we've got a bank holiday this weekend in the UK, supposedly the hottest day in like forever coming up, and a fridge with some very cold beer waiting to be deployed.

It's going to be great.....