1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

Piano Concerto - Would love some feedback!

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by Max Fabian Juras, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Hi everyone:)

I have been working on this track for a while now. I don't hear it clear anymore.. My intention was to make a small piano piece in an orchestral context. I would love some feedback regarding what ever pops up in your head. It is the first time I make a piece like this and I have been spending some time to make it sound as realistic as possible. What do you think, any thoughts?

Cheers!

Paul T McGraw and Aaron Venture like this.
  2. Must be something in the air or water and people are writing piano concertos. I don't feel right commenting as I just posted my
    first attempt at a middle movement of a piano concerto.

Two pieces did pop into my head as suggested references: Grieg Concerto, and Prokofiev Toccata in Dmin.

Short concerto indeed !

Sound (production) is great !!

Best wishes

3. @Max Fabian Juras this is very impressive. I really, really like the composition and the sound. Also, LOVE the vibe of this piece. I don't know how to describe it in words. For some reason it made me think of Silvestri's "Mousehunt" which I loved, both the movie and soundtrack. Your piece is really, really interesting and kept me on the edge of my seat wondering what would come next. Sound quality is awesome.

4. Haha, yes it must definitely be something in the air! I will check out the tracks you mentioned. Thanks for listening anyway, I will listen to your track as well... yes my track is truly short! Maybe I will make it longer haha..

Cheers:)

5. Wow, Thanks Paul! Glad you liked it. Thanks for listening and giving me such nice feedback. Silvestri's "Mousehunt" is a little master piece so that is really a compliment. I love that one as well. Always fun to get enthusiastic feedback. Thanks again!

Cheers