1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

NotePerformer 3

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks & Talk' started by Paul T McGraw, Jun 1, 2018.

1. The newest update to NotePerformer 3 (a virtual instrument specifically for Sibelius, Finale and Dorico) makes some big changes compared to NotePerformer 2. And Wallander is providing this major update FREE to all registered purchasers. Who does that these days? I like the changes, and find the sound even more realistic than previously. I would really like to hear what other members think about it.

Rohann van Rensburg likes this.
  2. I'm a big fan. Mostly. For orchestra it already was enough for me, and even more so now.

My biggest wish going forward would be some of the other instruments getting better sounds. Choir, classical guitar, etc.
    Noteperformer is the biggest "no brainer" purchase I can think of.

Paul T McGraw likes this.
  3. It's pretty amazing, without doing any midi editing/sample scrolling/template building, you can hear this played back to you.

4. The percussion sounds much, much better now. And the brass is able to pull off aggressive stuff more convincingly. Strings also sound much better. Can't believe this is a free update.

Paul T McGraw likes this.
  5. I will still use Cubase with samples for a final finished piece, but this certainly is amazing. And a FREE update. Just amazing.

6. Aaron Venture likes this.
  7. Hey @Doug Gibson, would you mind posting the render or Mike's Batman Simulator? I'm really interested in comparing it with the NP2 render. Thanks!

8. Sure. Here you go. The most interesting thing is the dynamic differences in spots between the two. I have not changed any dynamics on the actual score.

Question AV Styles: If I was to party with Pablo Escobar for a few days in the future is there a MV cue you would most like to see transcribed ?

Aaron Venture likes this.
  9. Thanks. Pretty obvious differences, especially in brass and percussion. The whole thing sounds so much more lively. What a glorious update from Wallander.

Since you didn't link NP2, I'll save you the trouble:

I've transcribed a lot myself, although I don't create a score for it (I try to get all the notes down on a piano and then try to orchestrate it myself, then listen how it was actually done). I'll definitely start creating scores too.

If I had to pick one (except The Race), I'd say Abby vs. The Sea. Really fun piece that has a lot of subtleties - every couple of days I'll listen to this piece and discover a new thing. While I don't think you'll need a lot of Hollywood rails for it, you might be just looking for an excuse so... yay away :D

10. You're a god man. I was never going to. (L-A-Z-Y)

You read me like a book.

Aaron Venture likes this.
  11. Google "Three days snorting cocaine" > Open 4th result > copy

Ah, have fun!

12. Wow, wasn't looking into this before, but may now. Musescore has been wonderfully helpful, but I have to say hearing Timp rolls that remind me of my army days carrying a 7.62 machine gun aren't really that inspiring, among other things. Will have to see if I can integrate it, or make the switch. I do wish Notion was more popular, seems to integrate with S1 well but I can't find a great deal of feedback on it (positively).