1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

New Year's Goals

Discussion in 'The RedBanned Bar & Grill' started by Mike Verta, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Remember, boring people don't make interesting music, so live a little. Stick a rabid ferret down your pants. You will regret it, but it'll make for a good story, and regret and scars are great sources of fuel for music. Otherwise you end up one of these douchebags writing "epic music," even though the closest they got to so much as a fistfight was to unfriend somebody on Facebook. Ostinatos aren't epic. You know what's epic? Pulling a chick way out of your league, and fucking her on top of a religious monument, and even when the police are pointing guns at you, you don't stop until you finish, and then get a selfie with the cops. That's epic.

Perspective.

With that, may you bend 2019 over a religious monument and get a selfie with it while the cops are pointing guns at you.

Happy New Year!

_Mike

2. I had a word with my wife, and she didn't seem to think I should take this particular advice too literally, though I shall do my best to give her a religious experience a bit later on. Tonight it's time for booze, Boogie Woogie piano with a little Jerry Lee on the side.

Last year was a hard one with little free time for myself. It's not going to happen again this year, I'm going to start saying no a little more often.

All the best to you and your loved ones Mike, Thanks for all the fun, advice and giving us this great place to hang out and chat and learn. I do hope to able to spend much more time working on my craft next year, and learning from some of the great people who are inhabit these hallowed virtual walls (I may have been drinking).

Wishing everyone a great new year - all the best to you and yours....

P.S. Oh yeah, I got my first paying composition job this week, and I wasn't even looking for it. I may have to revise my hobbyist status.....

3. This year I'm going to keeping working on living with more intention: making better choices, taking more risks, and actually living my life. We only get one of these and they're gone in an instant.

I haven't been drinking (yet), but I completely agree. Thanks a bunch Mike.

Happy new year everyone!