1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

New Site Feedback/Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Mike Verta, Jul 2, 2017.

1. T.J. - you mentioned your browser. Could you try to logout and relogin, and then let me know if you still get an email when you post on a thread? Could be that your cache kept the old setting. I'm still researching to find a solution, but if this works then no need to look further.

2. Mike hereby blanket approves all privacy-protecting add-ons. So Be It.

3. It might be that even if you change the global notification setting for a user, he will still continue to get emails for updates to threads that he has either subscribed to or replied to prior to the change.
    XenForo has the option to set this per thread so that could be why.

4. @Andre Lefebvre
    Sorry Andre, I tried but got another email alert with this latest post

5. Hi TJ, OK, let's go one thing at a time.

1- you definitely do NOT want to receive ANY email from any threads whatsoever? Which means you may not receive an email for this reply, but it would still show an alert by your member menu.

2- Could you please create a new thread in the category News & Announcements? Call it "test" or something. I will delete it once we figure out what's the best setting for your account.

Thanks!

6. Hi all, anyone else has email notifications issues like TJ?

You did not opt-in individual threads, but simply replying causes you to receive notifications.

You would like to NOT receive email notifications/alerts when someone posts a reply on the said thread.

BUT you would like to receive notification/alert when someone "quotes" your post, or mentions your name?

Let me know!

7. OK, I think the mystery is solved.

The alerts are conditional. So, every time someone replies to a thread, we only receive that "first post" alert since we last visited the thread.

If we don't go read that reply, we will not be notified of new replies.

If we click on the link to go read it, we will then receive a new alert via email when a new reply is posted.

As for the mentions, if we edit a post to add a mention after it was posted, it will not send an alert. Only in the first instance do the alerts work.

Does that make sense?

8. That's how they behave for me, Andre.

Andre Lefebvre likes this.
  9. Thanks for letting me know, Aaron!

10. I don't know if this has been suggested but where it gives an announcement for example - new video in the score study area - it would be cool if that could be a link to the thread/area that is being referred to.

11. Totally agree! I did it, but the LINK color was dark grey, so I have to work on the CSS for this to work. Maybe change the background color from RED to something else. I'll have to ask Mike what he fancies... :)

David Healey likes this.
  12. And it seems to WORK!!! :)

13. Hi Andre,

The site seems to be forcing a rotate on a portrait image I posted in the vintage section. Its the right orientation in my mac. Just though I'd let you know.

BTW, this is a nice, clean and really distinctive site. And your avatar is so masterful.......

14. Hi Michael, would you have a link to that post?

The avatar: it's French comic book character named Thorgall I pulled online. :)

15. That's fettled it. Was it a bug or were the digital pixies just being mischievous once again ?

16. Must have been them picsies... :)

If you upload from a mobile pic, it could happen it was rotated. You could use your phone camera pics/edit functions to rotate it vertically first. If you did, then I can't say what caused this.

Cheers! :)

Michael Antrum likes this.
  17. On mobile, it seems that the last chat message is permanently showing at the bottom of the screen and overlaying everything and I can't figure out how to close it. I've tried opening the chat, thinking it needs to be marked as seen but no budge.

Attached Files:

18. Hi Aaron, thanks for the note. I'm on Android on a Motorola Play X, and I can't reproduce this. Which phone are you using?