1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

New Site Feedback/Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Mike Verta, Jul 2, 2017.

1. #41 Erin McKimm, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Nice to have everything in one place and I look forward to seeing how it all rolls out.

Andre Lefebvre likes this.
  2. Marvellous — no more searching through 10+ years of posts. We can read everything from Day 1 now. Good job, Mike, and let's hope people flock to the forum.

3. For some reason all the text in everyone's messages turned a light grey color and is extremely difficult to see against the light tan background. Is anyone else having this problem? As I'm typing this message I tried to select a different font color, but it still stays light grey. My apologies if others already mentioned this, I couldn't see your messages :)

4. I apologize, I was trying to fix another color "issue." Should be back now?

Hank Stone and Kjell Eilertsen like this.
  5. Yes, perfect! Thank you!

6. Dunno if we're supposed to add feature request to this thread or make our own new thread?
    In any case, here's a request from me:

Could you possibly add the forum structure/navigation bar to the bottom of the page as well? This bit:
    Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 00.50.24.png

It's a bit of a hassle to have to scroll to the top of the page to get back to the subforum you're in, the back button on my browser is an option of course, but not when you've just gone through a several pages long thread.

7. Oh, and unless it's already there and I just can't find it, could we also have a "mark forum as read" button?

8. OK, you can now see the "breadcrumbs" links on the bottom. May need a bit of styling, or modifying the theme to move it up a bit. Hope this helps! :)

Kjell Eilertsen likes this.
  9. You mean this?

d96e14ad5caed20ee76ba258ad078777.png

Kjell Eilertsen likes this.
  10. Ahh see, I was just not looking in the right place, thanks! :)

11. Glad you found it, there is a lot of new stuff to see, so don't hesitate to ask! :)

12. I love it. It's great. Colours and design are very well fit for reading and rewarding on the eyes. The only thing I'd ask for would be having more items on the 'New Posts' section. That feature is generally what I use to keep track of the discussions happening lately in the forum.

Edit: Instant correction. I just realised you can click on the New Posts title and you're redirected to a place all the recent posts are documented. Thanks!

13. @Andre Lefebvre

Hi Andre,
    I have alert preferences for 'watched threads' disabled in my account but I'm still getting email notifications.
    This used to happen back on VI until I found a trick that put a stop to it (but I can't remember where/how)

Could you look into the issue..?
    Thanks!

14. Hi TJ,

Sorry you're having an issue there.

I looked in your account settings and see this:

6e9a53fcb998b672f555bb29fc426ee4.png

I have modified it to (can't find where members could modify this yet):

0abbe72da73043a9d0b26b897dc655b4.png

And let me know if this changes anything?

Hope this helps!

Andre

T.j. Prinssen likes this.
  15. Thanks, Andre. Definitely don't want this site sending people stuff they don't want. I hate that with the burning fury of a 1000 suns.

16. :)
    No worries Mike, we're working on it...

I'd be curious to hear if anyone else has the same issue though (?)
    If it's just me, both here and on VI-C then it must be something weird in my browser / extensions

17. It would be awesome if it were possible for forum members to share and see geographic locations. For example, watching the RedBanned launch video recording on Youtube, apparently one of the chatters was talking about the tiki bar in town being shut down for "cultural misappropriation". That's my town! (And it's a small town, too. Took me by surprise!) Anyway, it would certainly help the potential for meetups if we could share and discover other users near our own location.

Apparently other XenForo sites are already doing this...
    https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenforo-user-map.2640/

18. This really would be great, at a minimum the discussion thread pages should really be access-controlled to registered users.

And if that can't be done easily with XenForo, then maybe slap a robots.txt file on the host to keep people googling our full names from coming up with pages of results pointing to all the thoughts we post on redbanned.com.

If you want us using our real names, then you have to care about our privacy too. :)

19. #60 Andre Lefebvre, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    EDIT: Good news, I found a Xenforo addon for this. Seems it's better than the txt file which is apparently often ignored. Let me check with Mike first.

Andre