1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

New Site Feedback/Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Mike Verta, Jul 2, 2017.

1. #21 Jason Tackaberry, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    @Andre Lefebvre, it looks like hyperlinking text in posts is still broken though. Just want to make sure you're aware of it.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Type some text in a comment.
    2. Select the text and click the link icon in the comment toolbar.
    3. Paste a URL in and click insert.
    4. Note that the text doesn't become linked.
    Thanks!

Andre Lefebvre likes this.
  2. Hi Jason, checking this out. It is linked, but not highlighted/underlined. It's on my to-do-list now! :)

(hover over "checking this out")

3. Looks good to me :)

4. Hey Mike, thanks for setting up the forum. Looking forward to the new adventure.:)

Mike Verta likes this.
  5. So glad you're here, Wayne!

6. Just signed up and went through the process without a hitch. Now I got to find me a classy Avatar. :)

7. I like the idea of using real names on a forum, maybe not everyone likes it, but that's fine, their loss. Anyway, I just noticed this on the right side of the page. As you can see on the attachment, things are showing up twice.

Attached Files:

8. Thank you so much for this forum Mike! Much appreciated! Currently completed my collection of all your masterclasses, it is an astonishing and very important contribution to the world of music, especially nowadays. And now this forum is the next step. Can't wait to see where it will go from here. :)

Regards,
    Tino

Mike Verta and T.j. Prinssen like this.
  9. #30 Andre Lefebvre, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    Hey Bram, thanks for the headsup. Let me look at that!

Cheers,

Andre

UPDATE: duplicated sidebar content removed.

10. Love that we're using real names! Glad to be here Mike : )

Mike Verta likes this.
  11. Hi Mike and all the others. Just signed up. Thanks for the forum. I'm sure it will be great. I like real names.

Mike Verta likes this.
  12. Absolutely love that you've created this forum Mike. Just signed up after realising and I love your Masterclasses so having this under one roof is excellent.

Mike Verta likes this.
  13. Hello everyone. Thanks for this forum and for real names.

Mike Verta likes this.
  14. Are there any thoughts on keeping most of this forum private (i.e. requiring registration)? I'm genuinely happy to use real names, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable being myself if everything I said here wasn't subject to random internet searches, bots, etc.

15. Yo, not for nothing but I love this. Real names be damned, I love the layout, the chat, the content. I'm impressed. Good job Mike.

16. Ok, had a few beers and a few shots but this is a real thing.....the chat notifications keep chowing up, no matter if I click on them or not.

When I tried to refresh if a few times ( I want to say 4?) the site booted me and I had to re-enter my email/name and password.

Just FYI.

17. Excited to see this! Thanks Mike for doing this - makes a lot of sense to me.
    FWIW : It still asked me my birthday when I signed up - which i dutifully supplied... You now know why I get slightly turned on by the smell of 2" tape in the morning....

18. Just noticed Chat doesn't work on IOS either...was trying to join in the chat going on currently while outside and it kept showing an error.

19. Hmm.. I certainly don't care if this place is hidden from search engines. Let me look into making it a little less conspicuous. Definitely want everybody to feel comfortable. Personally, ever since I was publicly eviscerated by Perez Hilton, I gave up the concept of privacy. And this even though he was just making shit up. But I get it, so I'll check.