1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

Memorial Day track - Anthem For Our Fallen (orchestral)

Discussion in 'Critique & Feedback' started by Mike Marino, May 27, 2018.

1. I don't share a lot of music here...but thought I'd share with you all a track I wrote for Memorial Day, called Anthem For Our Fallen. Happy to hear your feedback.

Dillon DeRosa likes this.
  2. Hi, I'm not into WW2 stuff and I'm not american. Despite this, I like the US Anthem (musically) and I like your reharmonization. Things are meaningful in your piece which is for me the essential. It's not really a useful comment, take it as a "good job".

Mike Marino likes this.
  3. Thank you, Sylvain! I appreciate you taking the time to listen

4. Good production values. Interesting arrangement. During my lifetime there has been a big swing in popular PC culture regarding the military. When I wore my ROTC uniform on college campus in 1971 I was more likely to be spit upon than appreciated. Today things are very different I suppose.

I think you did an excellent job with what you set out to do. This would really work well in a military themed movie.

Mike Marino likes this.
  5. Thank you, Paul! Appreciate your comments!