1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

Masterclass Post-Purchase Poll!

Discussion in 'Classes & Discussion' started by Mike Verta, Sep 23, 2017.

?

Do you watch the post-class part of the show after the fact?

1. They're fun during the live show, but no, I don't watch that part later.

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. Yes, I do

47 vote(s)
    94.0%
  3. No, and I'd prefer they didn't happen in the first place, honestly.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I'm considering trimming the post-class rants and meanderings off future classes, for efficiency's sake. Even if you enjoy them during the live show, do you actually watch this part of the show later?

2. Don't trim anything, I love the rawness of it and would miss it since I rarely get to see the classes live.

3. Oh, yeah, I do, during the show, and *multiple* times afterwards. Sarah (my wife) and I love them. They're fun, raw, full of character, and a *ton* of entertainment and education. Please keep them for the masterclass recordings, Mike! :)

Mike

Si Withenshaw and Jon Bjork like this.
  4. Keep it! And keep the beard too!

Jon Bjork likes this.
  5. Mike trimming off those things is like taking out what thise mc make them so special and unique. DonĀ“t do that..just my opinion

Si Withenshaw and Jon Bjork like this.
  6. The ranty parts are one thing (enjoyable though they are I can see why you might be tempted to remove them) but the truth is the informal chunk at the end is just so chock full of little priceless nuggets of wisdom that I enjoy the process of mining those hours for gold.

7. I definitely think they're worth keeping.. Especially for those who were unable to attend live.

T.j. Prinssen likes this.
  8. I also enjoy them and find them useful.

9. All of that makes the experience feel like a conversation and not a "lecture". Keep it in. What is music without passion?

10. OH.... I don't know about any post class rants. Does Mod-squad have one ?
    I always thought the class and rants were one and the same. Like post-sex sex.

Wexberg Goldschlinger likes this.
  11. so far I haven't noticed a clear line where the lesson ends and the ranting begins. regardless - it's the format that makes it less of a class and more informative entertainment.

you should get hooked up with the discovery channel, where instead of having some dude fake handling dangerous creatures - you just get tispy and talk shit about apes and lizards.

12. I'm sort of a ranty guy myself so keep it up. Feels like I'm just hangin' out at a friend's house and learning some great shit at the same time. Sometimes raw and unfiltered is the best presentation. I'm on my 3rd course from you, and plan on taking all of them. You should put together a more formal course on Udemy.com. With quizzes, resources, and assignments. Just a thought.

13. I always watch them, but even if I did not, I see little reason to trim them, anyone can just stop watching if they are no longer interested in the post-content.