1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

Julius Fucik - Entry of the Gladiators

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks & Talk' started by Alexander Schiborr, May 4, 2018.

1. Hi my friends,

Had some work to do with that piece this week and mocked that up due to a clients request.
    My question: Is anybody of you interested in some orchestration presets from that track? I actually thought to write them down and would post them also here if you think that this might cool? I think there are couple of cool presets and colors which you can allready apply to your orchestral work. Also Fucik is cool to look at his brass writing (voicing and orchestration). I would put a few points together. Anybody interested maybe?

2. Alexander, I absolutely loved this.

I only listened on my MacBook Pro Speakers, but the vibe is bang on, though perhaps it might be a little more up tempo with a bit more snap. The reverb settings are bang on - close my eyes and and I can smell the elephants.

Did you arrange this yourself ? (impressed if you did) or did you work from a score ?

I've listened to it three times now and it's put a smile on my face. I want Candy Floss !!!

I, for one, would love to hear anything you've learned about brass orchestration - (my weakest area).

Best, Michael.

Alexander Schiborr likes this.
  3. Certainly would be interested to hear any insights you learned during this process.

Alexander Schiborr likes this.
  4. #4 Alexander Schiborr, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
    OK, Guys, I am preparing a few notes then.

@Michael Antrum Cool you had a good ride with the piece. I used several sources, parts of the score, in addition a bit transcribing by ear, midi sources also. All over the place just to make sure that I don´t miss something.. I had several versions. Actually I decided to go by one version close and used that as a reference. The Goal was to make it as authentic as possible to fool the at least casual listener.

5. Hej guys,
    Just a quick update: I haven´t forgot this, but I have actually very less time because I have some work to do with creating classical pieces (actually mozarts Figaro with samples which is incredibly hard to do) and other mockups. I have already made a few notes and do more from the fucik piece. Just to let you know. I will be back.

6. Sounds like an interesting project. I would love to hear more about it when you have time.

7. All good things comets those who wait.