1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

Howard Hanson - The composer and his orchestra

Discussion in 'Score Study Resources' started by Gregory D. Moore, Mar 31, 2018.

1. #1 Gregory D. Moore, Mar 31, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  2. Great template balance reference!

Paul T McGraw likes this.
  3. Oh, that's you Saxer! Glad you found it useful. Its really a terrific recording isn't it? Except I'm glad Mike Verta doesn't have a nasal voice like that. I'd go nuts listening to it for hours on end. :)

Paul T McGraw and Torsten Kamps like this.
  4. Thank you @Gregory D. Moore for this information. I like the music, and this could be a fabulous tool for score balancing. I am looking into that. This is the sort of thing we can all benefit from. Thank you.

5. Thank you for this very useful post! :D

Gregory D. Moore likes this.
  6. This is great, and also very similar to Benjamin Britten's "The Young Person's Guide to Orchestra." If you're talking about who JW studied, Britten would be right up there.

7. Whole list of examples here