1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

Help with "priority organization"

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks & Talk' started by Rohann van Rensburg, May 5, 2018.

1. An unfortunate, potentially embarrassing surprise twist...

I didn't play this game (gamer friends I had hated it), and I've only heard this a few times in the past (I remember liking the piano arpeggio, which might be why it stuck), but I managed to make my piece sound awfully similar in some respects.

Now the question is, does it sound too similar? My piece is in a different key, the melody is in a different mode and playing with it on piano, different chord voicings, different modulation (I think), but I'm wondering if the overall rhythm and feel is too close. I'm also wondering now if this makes my choice of "go small or expand" has been made easier, since this one is just synth and piano. I'm wondering if the inclusion (but improvements) of woodwinds will help give it a more distinct identity.