1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

Gustav Holst's "The Planets" - Question

Discussion in 'The RedBanned Bar & Grill' started by Doug Gibson, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Where's Earth ?

Just sayin

2. I wonder if he ever intended to write about the sun? I mean it is not a planet by its definition but why not? No seriously, why he started with Mars? Just because it is a good opener, or is there some other reason? Maybe because Mars is the closest planet to earth? and therefore earth is all about war which history tells.
    Why not Venus the love? Although her love is fiery as hell. So I don´t get that in my head man. And where is the theme of the Asteroidbelt which divides us from the rest of the big papa´s?
    A friend of mine told me a while ago that he believes that the US government is doing weather experiments esepcially here in Germany and he planned to built a machine in his garden in order to manipulate the weather too, just to tell the US government: No don´t fuck with me. I am not sure at what stage that machine is. I also had some plans apart from studying music: I would like to construct a space ship. Needs not to be big, 4 seater would be fine. I just need to know more about interstellar engines. Are here some good physicists?
    :D
    :cool:

Aaron Venture likes this.
  3. Full of vile scum and not really worthy of a piece ;)

Alexander Schiborr likes this.
  4. Paul T McGraw likes this.
  5. Or he heard Das Lied von der Erde and thought, well that's covered.

Paul T McGraw likes this.
  6. Well, whilst I'm not a physicist, I've always considered myself to be a bit of a space cadet......